Beethoven Birthday Month 2014
The goals of this special month are to have fun, raise awareness, and crowdfund, and we are calling on your participation to make this even more fulfilling!
Beyond the official events listed below, we are opening up a new way for you to get involved, for those of you who might like to host your own Beethoven Birthday Bash, or to combine the concept with a traditional holiday party, which can turn into something really unique in support of a very good cause. It’s a really easy thing to do and we can even help make your party more fun with live music if you wish! Find out more below, or reach out to us directly to discuss details.
Here’s a rundown of Beethoven Birthday Month 2014:
- Tuesday, December 16 @ Chicago Temple, 77 W Washington (FREE)
- 12pm: Beethoven Birthday Concert for Chicago Part I with members of IBP’s Prometheus Chamber
- 12:30pm: Announcement of IBP’s “2020 City of Culture” Initiative In honor of Beethoven’s upcoming 250th birthday
- 1:00pm: Beethoven Birthday Concert for Chicago Part II
with musical friends of IBP
- Wednesday, December 17 @ University Church, 5655 S University Ave
- 12pm: Beethoven Birthday Concert II – Hyde Park (FREE) And Kickoff Day for new IBP Artistic HQ & Educational Program
- 6-9pm: Kickoff of Educational Program, Reception & Concert (RSVP) In Collaboration with the Chicago Academy of Music and the Chicago Metamorphosis Orchestra Project
- Wednesday, December 31 @ University Church, 5655 S University (Hyde Park)
- 8pm-2am: New Year’s Eve Celebration – Details to follow soon. Mark your calendars for a guaranteed good time!
Host your own Beethoven Birthday Bash!
Why? Because a party’s always a good idea, and because we would love for you to spread the word about our work and help us meet our year-end crowdfunding goals. We are calling this the “Cultural Citizen Project”. Whether as a private event, or as a corporate year-end party, you can easily join this effort to help us spread the word about our ongoing work in Chicago to make classical music more accessible and open to other genres of music and art.
All you need to do is let us know that you are interested in this idea, and we will help you determine the best and easiest way to make it a reality. Whether you simply add this cause to your planned holiday party, and help by spreading the word and offering your friends and colleagues the chance to support an important independent cultural project, or if you decide to organize a party entirely focused on IBP, we hope you will consider this level of involvement. We would be thrilled to participate with live music and a short presentation for your guests.
Which leads us to the third goal of this special month:
We cannot do any of what we do without your support. Some of you can be major donors to IBP, and some of you can make modest contributions. But most important to us is the collective support we receive, and it is with this spirit that we launch this year-end crowdfunding campaign.
Our ambitious goal this year is to receive gifts from…
250 donors to reach a minimum total of $25,000
This crowdfunding project was officially launched on Monday December 1, just in time for #GivingTuesday, the new charitable movement that follows our nation’s post Thanksgiving shopping sprees of Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Please be a part of this campaign and make a contribution now.
Lastly, we are organizing volunteers to help us run our upcoming events. Please let us know if you are interested in serving in any capacity.
Thank you for your support.
George Lepauw, President
& the IBP Team